Who's riding Transit on Dec 9th?
Transit is a big deal in Miami and it's going to take commitment from all of our electeds, community members, and local organizations to keep making it better. Public Transit Day is a step in that direction. It was sparked from an idea shared by Dan Horton, a transit-loving Miamian, on the latest 100 Great Ideas campaign focused on transit. Dan urged every single one of our elected leaders to take transit and then meet to discuss improvements.
One of our favorite tools for Public Transit Day is the Take the Pledge site. We love it because it's so simple: sign up in seconds using your Facebook account and it adds your profile image as a signature. All the images form a beautiful mosaic of Miami's community.
As of October 22, 2016, the following elected leaders have taken the pledge to ride transit with our community on Dec. 9th. Don't see your local leader or community here? Share this post with your electeds and urge them to Take the Pledge. And don't forget to Take the Pledge yourself!
- Tim Daubert - Vice Mayor, Town of Miami Lakes
- Nelson Rodriguez - Councilman, Town of Miami Lakes
- Tony Lama - Councilman, Town of Miami Lakes
- Jose Felix Diaz - FL House of Representatives, District 116
- Kristen Gonzalez - Commissioner, City of Miami Beach
- Daniella Levine Cava - Miami-Dade County Commissioner, District 8
- Grisella Digiacomo - Councilwoman, Town of Medley
- Eugene Flinn - Mayor, Village of Palmetto Bay
- Karyn Cunningham - Councilwoman, Village of Palmetto Bay
- Isis Garcia-Martinez - Councilwoman, City of Hialeah
- Enid Weisman - Mayor, City of Aventura
- Luigi Boria - Mayor, City of Doral
- Christi Fraga - Vice Mayor, City of Doral
- Ana Maria Rodriguez - Councilwoman, City of Doral
- Patricia Fairclough - Vice Mayor, City of Homestead
- Zavier Garcia - Mayor, City of Miami Springs